Full Stack Developer
Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office you’ll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!
You are a motivated full stack developer with the desire to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment. You will be working on projects that will enable Maidbot to collect, display, and analyze data for clients and internal uses. You will be working closely with our team of full-time robotics, software, and hardware engineers. Most importantly, you are passionate about playing a key role in the development of a revolutionary robot.
- Designing and Improving back-end architecture, robot-database communication, and user interface of web data dashboard.
- Following are examples of software development tasks: the communication between the robots and our back-end server, visualization of important data and key metrics, and the improvement of our continuous integration and deployment pipelines (CI/CD).
- Working with industry partners to develop analytics-driven tools.
- Turning raw data collected by robots into actionable information.
- Unit testing, version control (git), documentation.
- Expertise required in following languages and technologies
- o Typescript 2
- o React
- o CSS
- o Git
- o Cassandra (3.1 or greater)
- o EC2 instance management
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- At least 3 years of rigorous software development experience.
- Experience working and developing in a Linux environment.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Deep experience with following languages and technologies:
- o Docker
- o Redux or Flux
- o Less
- o Webpack
- o DataStax Enterprise
- o AWS SDK
- o NGINX
- o Passenger
- Experience with following languages and technologies:
- o Bootstrap
- o Gulp
- o Nodemon