(Robotics) DevOps Engineer
Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office you’ll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!
You are going to be a big part of the transition from small-scale pilot programs to full scale production and deployment of thousands of robots. You’ll have experience with Robotics, the Internet of Things, or other embedded systems applications. You will primarily be working alongside robotics software and web development engineers, building tools and using state-of-the-art technologies to ensure scalable software development. Most importantly, you are passionate about playing a key role in the development of a revolutionary robot.
- Help troubleshoot deployment, networking, security, scalability, storage, and other technical issues across Maidbot’s entire software stack.
- Improve software development workflow and promote best practices.
- Work with development teams to ensure that we ship working code.
- Manage and improve our build system and CI / CD pipeline.
- Remotely manage our fleet of robots that are deployed in the field.
- Improve productivity and safety by automating manual processes.
- Select, setup, and configure related software tools and services.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Robotics.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a DevOps role.
- Experience working, developing, and administering in a Linux environment.
- Strong understanding of Linux internals, networking, and security.
- Experience with containerization technology, configuration management, and other modern software engineering practices (Vagrant, Docker, Ansible, etc.)
- Power-user experience with software tools and services such as Git, GitHub, AWS, Jenkins or Travis CI, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef, etc.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Substantial experience with Linux for ARM architectures and cross-compilation.
- Experience with robotics and / or Internet of Things applications.
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) is a big plus.