Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office you’ll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!
You are an experienced mechanical engineer that enjoys making things with your hands. You cannot live without access to a laser cutter or 3D printer. You are a self-starter who understands how to prioritize and accomplish tasks independently, and deliver on schedule. You will be on a team working to develop new and exciting robots from clean sheet through to production.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to design the next generation of robots
- Design, prototype, and test parts to meet requirements
- Design of plastic and metal parts for manufacturing and assembly
- Working with outside vendors for manufacturing
- Support testing in the field (in person or remotely)
- Diagnose and repair of Electromechanical systems
- Fluent in Solidworks (preferred), or other 3D CAD programs such as Inventor, ProE, CATIA, NX…
- Experience with 3D printing, other rapid prototyping techniques
- Experienced with basic shop and hand tools
- Willing to relocate to Austin, TX
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- If recent Grad, Participated in collegiate competition teams (SAE, AUVSI, DBF, DARPA Grand Challenge…)
- Experience with robotics and / or Internet of Things applications.
- C++ and / or Python development experience
- AVR/Atmel/Arduino experience
- Basic electronics work (Soldering, hot-air rework, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)