Senior Software Engineer
Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office you’ll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!
You are a highly experienced software engineer whose technical skills are complemented by project management and team lead experience. You will be working in a highly interdisciplinary environment where strong teamwork and communication skills are crucial. Your day-to-day duties will include integrating advanced technologies, developing ideas from prototype to production, mentoring junior engineers and demonstrating our product to current and potential stakeholders. Most importantly, you are passionate about playing a key role in the development of a revolutionary robot.
- Translate business goals and user feedback into concrete software requirements.
- Amend and update architecture across Maidbot’s entire software stack.
- Coordinate the robotics software and web development teams.
- Promote beneficial and sustainable software engineering practices.
- Assist with the software side of project planning and management.
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding for software-related roles.
- Work directly with Maidbot’s CTO on matters of planning and prioritization.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a software engineering role.
- At least 1 year of professional experience leading a team of developers.
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools such as JIRA.
- Experience working, developing, and administering in a Linux environment.
- Experience with modern software engineering practices, such as version control, continuous integration, virtualization and containerization technologies, configuration management, etc.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with web, gaming, robotics, or Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
- Experience with Linux for ARM architectures and cross-compilation.
- Experience with AVR and / or ARM microcontrollers.
- Experience with physical, autonomous robotics systems.