Software Engineer Intern
Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office you’ll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!
You are a motivated student with a computer science background and the desire to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment. You will be working on projects that will enable Maidbot to develop, deploy, monitor, and update a fleet of autonomous robots. You will be working closely with our team of full-time robotics, software, and hardware engineers. Most importantly, you are passionate about playing a key role in the development of a revolutionary robot.
- Robotic or device-level software development tasks critical to Maidbot’s success.
- Two to five different projects, depending on the length of the internship.
- Specific projects will be determined based on the individual’s experience, strengths, and interests.
- Examples of software development tasks include the interfaces between our robots’ and their onboard sensors and actuators, the communication between the robots and our back-end server, the delivery of secure over-the-air updates to our fleet of robots, and the improvement of our continuous integration and deployment pipelines (CI/CD).
- Unit testing, version control (git), documentation
- Working on a B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Expected graduation date between May 2017 and May 2019.
- Minimum availability of 8 weeks. Ideally at least 10 - 12 weeks.
- At least 1 year of rigorous software development experience.
- Experience working and developing in a Linux environment.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Substantial C++ and / or Python development experience.
- Experience with modern software engineering practices
- Robotics experience through classwork, projects, competitions, or prior internships.