Web Development Intern
Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office you’ll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!
You are a motivated web developer with the desire to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment. You will be working on projects that will enable Maidbot to collect, display, and analyze data for clients and internal uses. You will be working closely with our team of full-time robotics, software, and hardware engineers.
- One to three different projects, depending on the length of the internship.
- Specific projects will be determined based on the individual’s experience, strengths, and interests but will be React UI related.
- Technologies used will be React, ECMAScript 2016, Redux, and LESS.
- Well documented version control using git.
- Working on a B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Expected graduation date between May 2016 and May 2018.
- Minimum availability of 8 weeks. Ideally at least 10 - 12 weeks.
- At least 1 year of rigorous software development experience.
- Experience working and developing in a Linux environment.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Substantial React, Angular, or Meteor development experience.
- A familiarity with Nodejs and webpack
- Experience with Git on team based project